Strony

PTI September Blog Hop

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hey, hoppers!!  Didn't know if I'd have time to squeeze this in, and really didn't have any big ideas until this morning...driving home from dropping off all the critters...so when I got home, I carved out some time for a  project to go along with this theme...



If you've seen or made the little toilet paper roll holders, you'll know exactly how this was done...just with felt instead of the roll covered in paper...


I didn't actually adhere anything to the original cardboard roll...but it was very handy to have during the 'building' process and while adhering everything.  Just 'shimmied' it off when it was time to stitch up the bottom and everything else was dry.  I also pulled the top edge up off the roll enough to stitch my ribbon handles on very early in the process, then pulled it back down to finish the embellishing. (I wanted to cover the stitching with the twine.)  It wasn't the easiest thing to photograph...wish I would have had a pretty Christmas tree up to hang it on...




Here's the stitching that closes it up...

I'm thinking most of you have seen these so I'm not going to bore anyone with details of how to make it.  You can dress 'em up or dress 'em down...make 'em really simple or more elaborate with all kinds of trim. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.  I will say PTI's felt proved to be nice and sturdy and held the shape well...I have some other felts that would not have worked as nicely.  Here are a couple made from the roll, covered in paper that were left from my daughter's party this weekend...



They really are fun to make!
Thanks for dropping in!  I've got a screaming headache and need to go get groceries :(
~Geri~



23 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this is so sweet! I love the filigree border along the top and the embellishments you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sweetest little thing Geri! Love the bobbles and bell detail too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet! I love the filagree border in the felt, too. The icy colors and little glittery jingle bells are perfect embellishments for this adorable winter treat holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little package! Love the filigree border and the crystal blings! - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous little pouch. Hope your head feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love how this turned out in the felt. I have some pom pom trim that I have never used, and now I think I have a new plan for it!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE!! I LOVE these little guys!! (been saving my tp rolls for fun projects!! LOL!!) Love how you used the felt on this!!!
    Have a GREAT Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geri,thanks for the darling idea. I have never seen this done, and can't wait to show the kindergarten teacher wher I art docent. Too cute, and looks super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty! I had no idea the filigree die would cut felt so beautifully! This makes me think of Tussie-Mussies my mother used to make with dried flowers. Thanks for sharing the great idea. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so adorable!! I esp like the blue one and how you decorated it for Christmas with the bells and frost. Super good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never thought of making these with felt before - love it! All the little details - border trim, bells, etc., make it a beautiful little treat bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Love your little handle and the filigree border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am halfway through a batch of THIRTY of these - that was my afternoon today!!

    PINNING THIS! I love it with the felt - why didn't I think of this?!?! And I looooooove those sparkly bells - wherever did you get them!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I truly love those adorable paper tube rolls, and yours made from felt is truly stunning! So sweet and so beautifully decorated. LOVE!
    Hope your headache is gone by now, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where do you come up with these genius ideas girls! how cute are these!!!! Totally love the frosted bells and embellies on the first pocket. You're my hero! Feel better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Geri, these are absolutely beautiful, love the glittered bells and all the additional trimmings, make fab gifts :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely love your use of felt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable! I love the felt and will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this really looks cute and i love it..great tips and great ideas..thanks a lot for sharing

    toilet paper holders

    ReplyDelete