Strony

I CAN"T DO IT!!!!!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Finally made time to fit in my attempt at the...

Goodness this made me nervous...

And just so you know...I failed!!!  I took me 11 min., 40 sec.  And I was rushing so much...thinking ahead...and forgot that I had planned on running the stamped portion through my Cuttlebug with a woodgrain impression plate before adding flowers and gems.  Had I remembered, I wouldn't have had time to re-stamp some additional leaves and fussy-cut them.  And your probably wondering...'what color ARE those leaves???'  Well, they are PTI's New Leaf green (misted first) and boy, that's just NASTY!  NOT happy at all with that color.  But it was the '10 Min. Craft Dash', you know...no time to change my mind!...


As I look at the inspiration colors again...I'm thinkin' the green Tim Holtz distress ink I have would have matched better, and worked better with the misting.  (Next time!) Even when I have an hour to make a card, I want a do-over...so you can imagine how I would like to tear this apart and re-vamp.  On the other hand,... it really was so much fun to challenge myself to this...trying to hang on to my fussy, shabby style...watchin' my son's stop watch and everything...kind of exciting!  Really looking forward to the next one!!

Thanks, Ginny and Paulina!!  And thank you, friends, for popping in!!!

~Geri~

12 comments:

  1. You're so cute! lol I have to tell you that your post title gave me a bit of a fright! What a relief to read what it was all about, and to see your beautiful card! Perhaps that stop watch is off a bit? haha Another thought is that 10 minutes isn't enough time to be doing the fussy cutting? lol It's still lovely to look at, my friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so nervous about trying this challenge...eeek! You did a fine job though Geri, I like the pretty border peeking out at the top & bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha.... I laughed as soon as I saw your post title in my reader, because the challenge logo popped up, and I knew exactly what you were trying to say! I think you did just fine, this card is as beautiful as always, and you are too hard on yourself! I don't see new leaf there, but. Till think they look okay, at least in your photos! Tell me you'll do the challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job. I'm not even going to attempt to do a card in 10 mins. You know me, it takes me 10 minutes just to pick out the papers and stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud your efforts my dear. It turned out lovely. There's no way I would even try to make something in 10 minutes. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful...it makes me want to try cas. I would not liked to be timed though...how would I add a doily, lol? cherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol.......you are making me chuckle, Geri! And if it makes you feel better, I couldn't do it, either. I don't even think I could handle the pressure! I have to say that I absolutely love your design here! The dimension and gems are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, it's a gorgeous 11 min., 40 sec!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well the 11 min. 40 sec its sprctular!! !! have a wonderful weekend!! HUgs, Char

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I love your 10+ minute craft dash creation!!! I think your leaves look fabulous and distressed! But I know how you feel (the disappointment) with the ink. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it Geri... seriously awesome! :D that flower and leaves are simply awesome! thanks for playing along with our 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete