Strony

Happy Mail!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A happy day here for me!  So happy you had a moment to share it with me!  I'm such a lucky gal to be posting my first project for the Creative Paper Trade blog today...so blessed to have the opportunity to work with Andrea, her delighful products, and the rest of this fun team!  While we have lots of fun challenges in the works (starting next week!), this first introductory project was a 'free for all' shall we say...we got to do whatever our little hearts desired.  So I came up with a fun little gift for my daughter...a way to surprise her with some happy mail and little love notes on a regular basis with this little jean pocket 'mail bag'...


I had been saving some old jeans of my son's for the perfect project, and in pouring over my box of goodies from Andrea...this little idea came to me.  After dressing out the stitched up pockets (I used some of Andreas cute fabric trim for that) and including a ribbon for hanging, I thought I could use the sweet journaling notes from the 'Take Notes' set just as they were to write some sweet little notes and create some 'happy mail' for my baby girl.  She's in 2nd grade now, so she should be able to read about anything I would want to write to her...


I created some sweet little envelopes out of Andrea's pretty patterned papers (so many pretty ones to choose from!) to 'mail' the notes in.  I had originally and very quickly altered the size of the note cards before printing, to fit my Stampin' Up envelope template, but later decided the original larger size of the card was more in proportion to my pocket and gave me more space to write.  I then just enlarged the envelope template on my copier to fit the cards.  (It is nice to know, though, how quick and easy it is to change the size of the images to meet your needs.  If you have any questions about that, just holler!!)


(I've used some PTI stamps on the little labels on the front.)  I want to be able to re-use my envelopes a few times, so rather than use stickers or adhesive...I used the little circular images off the note cards to embellish some cute paper clips to close them up...


I don't know...I think those may be my favorite part of the project!  PTI dies were used to make the flower behind (as well as the butterflies on the picks up top in the pocket), using more of Andrea's papers!  The little 'Happy Mail' banner/flag in the pocket was made from a sweet digital set called 'Let it Fly'.  A few of the banners in this set are left blank like the one I've embellished, but others already have some sweet sentiments printed on them...cute, CUTE set!!  I'll put that little flag in the pocket to let Jillian know some happy mail has been delivered.  Otherwise...she'll have the cute little butterflies hanging out, keeping her company.  Call me crazy, but I think she'll love this!  Her 8th birthday is later this month, but thank goodness, for now, she's grown back into the 'pretending stage'...enjoying her baby dolls again...playing 'restaurant'...so I think she'll LOVE getting her own 'mail' on a regular basis.  I think it will help me focus on giving her some special positive feedback on a regular basis, too!  I do have a concern, though...I'm concerned I may have to make a couple more for her bigger, older, tougher brothers once they see her getting all this 'happy mail' from mom! (Then their dad and I will need one so they can write us back...!!!) Oh well, worse things have happened!!!
OK...I've taken up way too much of your time!  Thanks for visiting and hangin' in here with me!  Don't forget to go comment at the main blog, HERE, for your chance to enter for today's 2 free digital packs from Andrea's shop.

~Geri~

15 comments:

  1. Hi Geri :) im adoring your beautiful denim bag full of paper goodies, all perfectly put together,, TFS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Good Morning when you see all that "cheery looking" mail. Jillian will be so excited!!!! Up early this morning and couldn't wait another minute to check out your blog. Loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful idea...so pretty too. I'd definitely make it a family affair. You are creating "Little Treasures". Watch for my blog later this week...a little blub on something of this nature I found while clearing out our parents home.
    Enjoy the week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is just the sweetest project, ever! I absolutely love your jean pocket pouch, Geri, and love how you've embellished it! And the little paper clips and envelopes are just the cutest things. Really in love with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project and so excited to be working with you on the team! I know there are many more fun projects in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so beautiful, Geri! I must say I learned a couple of new things about you over on the Creative Paper Trade blog! VERY INTERESTING, my friend...very interesting! lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO perfect Geri!! I love the heart in the jean pocket...A creative touch and the envelopes are the cutest too!!! Awesome creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Geri! Love this sweet pocket full of fun you made for your daughter! And I got a giggle out of the thought of those rough and tumble boys wanting their own! It is such a joy and a blessing to be part of this team with you, I look forward to the many great projects and fun ahead of us ~ hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can't get over how cute this project is. Your imagination is amazing woman! I've got a pair of hubby's old jeans in my craft closet. I need to break those pockets out. :-) You see, it's creations like this that make me want to shout out "Give me a G! Give me an E! Give me an R! Give me an I! What does it spell? Geri!" And in this case that name represents one super duper uber-talented crafting queen! Now obviously after that you can tell it's about time for me to call it a night so I will put my cheerleading duties to bed. LOL Hugs to ya my friend. It's my pleasure to send you some encouragement. Goofy as it is. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is just SO awesome... how she'll love it! And I love the example message you showed - it's the perfect form of encouragement!! Beautiful, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! Love the denim pocket and pretty butterflies. Congrats on your new DT position. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeoussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! This is so wonderful!! I must try this soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Geri
    I love your amazing project... i really like the jean pocket, cool idea!
    -Sony
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete