Strony

Festive Friday Challenge 3...Second Helping of Snowflake Inspiration...

Friday, March 8, 2013

My goodness...where does the time go???  Another Friday here already???  Well...it brings me back with another creation for the current Festive Friday challenge of incorporating a snowflake into your design...


I've gone very CAS with this one today.  It features another layered snowflake.  This one was cut from Spellbinders, a little SU punch (with matching stamp), and was put together with a little snowflake brad...


I actually had this one left from January's nursing home card project.  The sentiment I've used is from Papertrey Ink, embossed in silver...


I love flourishes with snowflakes and I've used an old  favorite here...from PTI's Fancy Flourishes...


And that, ladies, is IT!!!  So simple!  But I was pleased with it!  There's still a week left of this challenge, if you would like to join in.  And I hear both Meredith and Sarah have additional inspiration at the blog, also.  Can't wait to see it myself!  Shout-outs from the first week's participants will be posted there today, also! Maybe I'll see you there!  Oh, and as you'll see below, I didn't have to look far for inspiration for this week's card.  Here's the frosty view from the front of the house...


...and here's the very quiet back yard...


...and my little pond buddies in the back seem to be hanging in there...they're about a foot long, and seem to be doing fine in their chilly winter home...


Brrrrr....
Spring IS on it's way...right???

Have a great weekend!!!  Thanks for checking in on me!!
~Geri~

15 comments:

  1. Lol!! Yes! Spring is right around the corner, my friend! Your photos are beautiful! I love the forest in your back yard! :o)
    Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Geri! Total elegance! Your embossing is fabulous!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Geri, how beautiful! Love the simple elegance of your winter white card! Stunning!
    And how fun to see the photos of your winter landscape, too. So beautiful, but brrrrrrrr....
    Yes, spring WILL get here eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! Love the white and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I LOVE the silver embossing! And GORGEOUS photos! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. Can I ask you how you achieved the different gradients of white in the top 3 layers of the snowflake. one looks layered in ? glitter but not sure of the other 2 - is it ink? chalk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Barbara...Thanks!! The top 'flake' is the brad...it is not a real bright or shiny white, but it IS just white (Hobby Lobby)...the next one down is the little one I stamped with a SU stamp that has the matching punch (oldie but goodie!)...it is stamped in the same color as my flourish, PTI's Spring Rain. The next is from white glitter paper, and the largest is just the plain white cardstock. Hope that helps!! Glad you asked!

      Delete
  6. Oh. my. goodness. Your card is simply...stunning Geri. Love all the white with a few touches of soft color. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't know which is more beautiful, your card or your yard! haha! Both stunning! Love the simplicity of that gorgeous card! Lovely layering with the rounded corners! Stay warm in all of that snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beeeeutiful card Geri! I like flourishes and snowflakes together too. A pretty sentiment and sweet layered snowflake. Such pretty snowy pictures,but I'm with you and wondering just how fast will Spring get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hol-LEE that looks wintery. We're seeing lots of spring like weather here, it's been GORGEOUS! And what a gorgeously huge back yard you have!!

    I *love* this card... the flourish just sets the whole thing off, and the silver and white is so beautiful together. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this snowflake card! So simple, and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so elegant! Beautiful creation to be CASED. TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you say STY---LISH, cause that's what this is. Stunning Geri! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What company is PTI's Spring Rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spring Rain ink is from Papertrey Ink;) (As well as the sentiment and the flourish stamps)

      Delete