Strony

A Spring-y creation with new MFT goodies!!!

Friday, March 8, 2013

I was shopping around for some new Spring crafting supplies when I found these goodies from My Favorite Things...


I thought they held all kinds of opportunity for mixing and matching on some Spring and Easter themed creations.  I've only made one other purchase from MFT and it consisted mainly of dies...just some really versatile ones.  I only got one stamp set with that order, and it just didn't really go with any of the sketches they had available to play along with at the time.  I was so excited to receive these, (and one other, not pictured here, but you'll see it below!), and used a few of them in a current sketch of theirs...
...worked for me and what I had in mind.  I set to work coloring this little 'Hunny Bunny' and paired her up with one of the sweet sentiments that came with her...  


She's such a cutie...I had my own Jilli-bean in mind when I ordered her! I used a tab from the Mini Tabs Quartet Die-namics set to help highlight the sentiment, and then embellished it with buttons and a felt flower from the Easter Elements Die-namics set.  The little bird wing from the same set doubles nicely as a leaf!...


I used the smallest banner from the Fishtails Flags Layers Die-namics for the sentiment and one of the larger ones for the large vertical banner in the sketch...


My papers were from Simple Stories and definitely had a shabby feel, so I used a doily behind the circular focal point to go along with the shabby look of the card, and help soften the lines of the bold papers.  Oh it does a heart good to use so many pretty Spring-y colors when there's still snow on the ground, ya THINK???  I thoroughly enjoyed creating this and am anxious to put those other sets to work!  Thanks for letting me share with you today!
~Geri~

15 comments:

  1. Oh, my WOW, Geri!! Your card is FABULOUS!! I love it! Hunny Bunny is SO SUPER-CUTE!! You did a fantastic job with that great sketch! WOOHOO for new goodies, my friend! GORGEOUS!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh this is SO cute! I couldn't stop looking at it! So much detail here! I love the paper piecing and your coloring is wonderful! This just brightened my day! :) And is probably going to make me go spend some money at MFT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon!!! Geri this is the sweetest little creation, goodness gracious! She is a cutie and I love all of your papers,dies and pretty layers. I have a wish list at MFT, might have to turn it into an order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I don't even give these kinds of images a second glance, but I really love this card! I think it's the paper piecing. And I love that you made it work in your shabby way. Great work with the sketch, too! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, MFT is going to have another source of cards to showcase. I wish you spring flowers my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This truly could not be more adorable, Geri! Such sweet papers and design, and that little bunny bunny is the cutest thing ever! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geri I love your card! Love the aweet stamp and coloring with all the beautiful spring papers! My nickname is "Jillybean" too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun it is to play with new goodies! This card is so sweet! I love your coloring and how you created that little background piece and gorgeous stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so sweet, Geri! I especially love the hunny bunny sentiment-- I think I need that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, MFT gets lots of my crafty bucks. LOL Love their dies. You really put your sets to use Geri. Precious card my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is super sweet! Love the soft background behind her and the grass is a great touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwww so sweet!!! I love your color conbination and those goodies you got are soooo cute lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, hey, hey - whatdidItellya? Congrats on your shout out at MFT chica :)

    ReplyDelete