Strony

~TCM Birthday Bash Sketch Challenge~

Sunday, March 25, 2012


I think I can squeeze in one more post tonight before hittin' the hay. (Everyone else is sleeping, I think.) We had a busy day here in Gatlinburg, TN...a beautiful, sunny day filled with walking...on trails in the park, and downtown...everyone is tuckered out! This is one quiet cabin!!! This is my second of 3 posts I'll need to squeeze in while we're here. This card is for the Birthday Bash Sketch Challenge at The Craft's Meow...

Thought I had better be sure to show you that sketch, because you might never see it in my card! This card and I had issues!! And it just didn't turn out as planned. I usually take sketches a little too literally, probably, so I feel like I broke all the rules on this one because of a variety of things that didn't go as planned...and time was too limited to start over. But hopefully, I did Little Frieda a little justice with my inks and aqua-flo pen...

...which made me really nervous...you all know I'm not a big "colorer". I had so much fun trying, though, and I think she's just the cutest thing..."Little Frieda at the Seashore". I won't even try to explain the chain of events that led to the rest of the layout...

It is bright and sunny tho, don't ya think? (The paper is a little panel from Simple Stories.) Hope you can see that sketch in there somewhere! (I had really good intentions;)
Have to keep this short and sweet tonight, I think, but if you would like to get in on the challenges, there are a few days left and you can click HERE for the details.
Thanks for checking in with me!
~Geri~

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Geri, your card really is bright and sunny, and Little Frieda really is the cutest! I'm not a big colorer either (still find it intimidating), but you really did do her justice! So glad you're enjoying your time in Gatlinburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable and the colors of the card really pop LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the sketch in your fabulous card! What a great card at that too. Love the details and your colors. Thanks for helping TCM celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I think your coloring is perfect and its such a great design too. Hope your soaking up some sunshine and sniffin' all that fresh mountain air. Enjoy your get away! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Geri! She's so sweet! You've colored her beautifully! It's fabulous! I'm all caught up and I've thoroughly enjoyed my visit, my friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome!! You're too hard on yourself... and I think your colouring turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a SWEET card! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft's Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! I just found my way back after my computer lost all my bookmarks, so much yummy inspiration to catch up on :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came here after reading that you are a guest designer for TCM. Just wanted to leave a note to tell you that you make WONDERFUL cards!! I've really enjoyed looking through your posts and I'll be back again for inspiration and fun (eye candy doesn't give you calories!!) Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete