Strony

HELLO from Cloverleaf Healthcare!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The kids and I had a wonderful afternoon making cards at a local nursing home today, and some of the residents had a great time, too!! Like this young lady (and her even younger niece, I think it was, who was and employee and joined in to help)...



We couldn't take many pictures of residents to be shared outside the nursing home, but this great gal was up for it!! She really seemed to enjoy making the card, and was pleased with her results. She did a lovely job, didn't she?! And she had all the empty space inside filled up with a note. For residents like her, I think it turned out to be a very worthwhile experience, and I'm so, SO glad we had the opportunity to go and share. It was certainly a day-brightener for me to be able to share this craft I love with others who really seemed to appreciated it. And I really believe the recipients of the cards will appreciate them...they turned out so very pretty...and each one was a little different!!

Had to share my excitement, so thanks for visiting!! Can't wait 'til next month!!

Geri

3 comments:

  1. I am so so happy for you! It really has been a wonderful experience. It took maybe quite some time and effort prepapring this "class but it really paid off didn't it?
    And above all that; these people did have an amazingly talented teacher. ( In case you werë ewondering who I am talking about :)...I meant you!!!!!)

    Hugs!
    Stella
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful experience for all. Good things always come from volunteering and sharing your time with others. And you feel good about bringing smiles to others. So nice to have your kids involved..it's GOOD learning.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so happy to hear it went so well...not that I doubted it would! lol I'm sure they'll all be looking forward to your next visit! Those that don't enjoy making the cards as much...they'll be looking forward to your smiles! :o)

    ReplyDelete