Strony

Shabby Tea Room Challenge...(and a couple other goodies!)

Saturday, October 15, 2011

So nice to be posting!!! It's been a long, LONG time! (Sure seems like it anyway!) I've missed this little blog--and so many wonderful challenges! Hated to miss this one, though--look at these gorgeous Fall colors from The Shabby Tea Room...
We were also encouraged to make our own flowers, which I love to fiddle with, so I couldn't pass this one up! Wanted to keep things simple, like the photo, and focus on the rich colors of the flowers. I made the large one from these cuts...
Didn't have a punch for a Dahlia so I adapted some PTI Beautiful Blooms dies and gave them pointed petals. (and I inked 'em up real good!) I also used a little Marvy punch for the center of the large flower and used the same for the smaller ones...
I put the finished flowers together with PTI Kraft cardstock and and lots of cream in my ink, paper, trim and ribbon for this finished project...
There are so many pretty projects the designers have put together. Everyone came up with their own pretty handmade flower! You should go check it out if you haven't already! Thanks Debbie and Team for your inspiration once again this week!!
A couple other projects...to celebrate our fine, flying, fuzzy friends, the BEEs...
These were a couple cards I submitted to CARDS that didn't make it in...

It was all good though, because 2 of the 4 I submitted DID get accepted!! YIPPEE!! I was thrilled for my first try with CARDS! These were for a style challenge with the theme of bees/honeycombs, and the colors of lemon yellow, lime green and melon pink.
Gotta love a good challenge!!
Hope everyone is doing well! I try to zip around and peek in on everyone's creations, but I don't always have the time to stop and comment as often as I would like. I SO look forward to visiting--especially when I don't have time to create, myself!! (Gotta get my "fix" somehow!!)
Thanks so much for visiting today! I am hoping to have a little Halloween to post later in the week!
Have a great week!!
Geri

9 comments:

  1. Boy are you back with a treasure trove! Your flowers are incredible. Love the colors and textures you created. And the bee cards...LOVE 'EM! That last one is so cute with that little banner being carried by the bees. Darling! Glad to have you back showing off some more of your lovely work. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful ... your card for TSTR and the submissions too. So happy to see you back in blog land, my stampy friend! Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Tea Room :)

    Remember to only include your photo for the Tea Room challenge in your post to be considered for the weekly prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Geri! It has been FAR TOO LONG and I've missed you so!! :o) I've sure appreciated your sweet comments though! It's so wonderful to see your gorgeous projects! Your flowers are incredible, and so are your cards! I actually have a bit of a bee collection...if you can "bee"lieve it? lol I want to see more please!? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!!Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geri, these are *beautiful*... your flowers on the challenge card are STUNNING, and I love how you used the bee theme. Congrats on your publication acceptance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH so amazing Geri! it's been way too long since i dropped by. You are uber-creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know where to start, Geri! These are so incredibly wonderful! Your handmade flower is beautiful - I love all the layers. The bees are adorable too and showing one on a crown is pure shabby chic ... fabulous! The yellow doilies are delightful ... so much to love here.

    Congratulations on being published. I've never tried that and perhaps I should - you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete