Strony

Retro Challenge...You Shine!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

So little time to craft and visit around lately. But I thought this challenge of Deb's was too much fun to pass up...so I squeaked out this card earlier in the week. Should have been doing a thousand other things...

Love that sentiment! The challenge was about goin' retro and using Crafty Secrets products, if possible. The above image came from a page of images/scraps that I received as a freebie with my last order (and it was a tiny order--but they always send a freebie!) It was perfect for this challenge. I used some pretty Crate Papers and some parts of an old hanky...


And of course, I paid no attention to how uneven my gathers were until they were stitched down! Oh, well! It was nice to play a bit! Here's the inspiration photo if you're interested. The challenge is open til midnight. Thanks, Deb!!

Have a good week, everyone!


Geri

6 comments:

  1. Hello Geri...I've missed you! Your card is beautiful! I love Crate Paper! I love Crafty Secrets too but they're almost impossible to find around here! Love the use of the hanky...so clever! Have a happy Sunday!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The papers are beautiful but using that hankie was such a fun little extra. :-) I didn't even notice the fold until you mentioned it. LOL Hope everythings going well with you and yours. We haven't chatted in a while. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful!
    I love Crafty Secrets too but they're almost impossible to find here in Poland.

    Hugs,
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the mix of Emma's Shoppe, and I love your hanky - I think the uneven gathers add to the charm, not hinder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous color combination ... and what a fun image! This is delightful! Thanks for sharing your talents, Geri - it's always inspiring to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Card Geri. Fall..so beautiful and so busy. We need rain, so many field fires with farmers doing crops, kinda scary. Hope all is well, Enjoy the weekend and all your kids fun activities.

    ReplyDelete