Strony

MFT Summer School~

Thursday, July 23, 2015


Oh, goodness!!!  What a busy and productive summer!!!  So little time for crafting or blogging, though, so it's extra nice to be here today!  I hated to miss out on MFT's first round of Summer School…loved all those lessons!  But I've enjoyed this last round on color...


First up for me is the Primary Color challenge, and one thing I was made aware of in trying to complete several challenges is that I need more MFT images. Since I seem to be in short supply of those,  you'll see lots of MFT die use today.  Considering that primary colors are not a color scheme I work with much, and I'm short on images, for this challenge, I drew inspiration from some pretty classic-looking patterned paper to match up with a little blossom building...


(The floral paper at the bottom with blue flowers/yellow centers is what first caught my eye to incorporate into this challenge, but I struggled and struggled and fiddle-farted around until most of it was covered!!!:(

This one uses cuts from Stitched Rounded Rectangles, Blueprints 22, Happy Hellos, Peek-a-boo Circles, Mini Delicate Doilies (appears that the flower has been discontinued)

Next up was the Complimentary Color Challenge…colors opposite each other on the color wheel.  I chose a favorite combo…violet and yellow and softened them here...


Cuts on this card are from  Layered Leaves, Plentiful Petals, Blueprints 22

I think the next card fits a couple categories…but I'm entering it in the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge with a gallon of pretty pink, a quart of green and just a pint of Kraft...


Die cuts on this one have all been mentioned above.

Finally, for the Monochromatic Challenge...



I pinned a card awhile back, found HERE (along with a tutorial) using chevrons that had been cut up and shifted around for a cool and colorful inlaid look.  My MFT chevron die was one of the first purchases I made from them, so I thought it would be fun to try it with this technique and one of my favorite colors…aqua…in lots of different shades, of course, for a watery monochromatic look. To create my panel, I watercolored a large panel in a variety of blue-y greens and cut chevron strips from that, and also from a deeper turquoise glitter paper and a lighter iridescent paper.  I like the contrast those specialty papers added.  The white 'hello' kept the light airy and summery look I was going for.

And that's it! Thanks for hangin' in there with me…it was SO nice to have time to craft again.  And thanks to MFT for this fun summer inspiration!  I was fortunate enough have won a $100 gift voucher from a recent product launch hop…SO thankful to have those fun products to work with!

Thanks again for dropping in!!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow!! You rocked the homework!! I LOVE your primary color card with all the pretty dies and papers you used. Such a great idea!! I also like the last card with the pretty aquas. That looks like it took a ton of time!! You rocked this homework!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love them ALL, but that first one is my absolute favourite one. I love every little thing about it, and particularly the colours, which you and I would never naturally gravitate towards! But it's so so gorgeous. Also, the work in that chevron card really turned into something stunning! I love seeing some new cards from you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made the most of your dies Geri, these are all marvelous!! The first one reminds me of a county fair. The second is soft and dreamy, love the button flower center. The third is beautifully layered and the colors are wonderful. And the last one is terrific, love the sparkle. I think you deserve an A+ for your summer school efforts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards! The Monochromatic was my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you're sure back with a bang lady. :-) So good to see your cards again. You always know how to dress up those pretty blooms and I just LOVE the monochromatic card. Missed ya! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good to see your gorgeous cards again Geri! of course the flowers are my favorites especially "it's your day".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the win, Geri! Your creations today have taken my breath away. Truly outstanding card art each.and.every.one of them!! Thank you for the amazing inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!! Geri these are STUNNING!! I can't tell you how great it is to see your beautiful work again! Each and every card here is a masterpiece of beauty!! That was some fancy wording, but it is seriously true!! Please keep making more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wow. These are all so wonderful! I love all those flowers, the dimension is fantastic, but that last one is my favorite LOVE the mix of blues and the sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see you finally found some crafting time. I must say these were worth the wait. They are just beautiful. Love all your details. So happy when I opened up your blog and saw a new posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geri I am so happy to see you again and my oh my.....this post is fille d to the brim with STUNNING cards. I pinned them all :) I especially love thev primary and monochromatic color challenge. They are breathtaking. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so tickled by your comment about being only a day's drive to Maria... I just realized how close you are! We drive through Brazil on route to Indianapolis, don't we? I'm in Spring Lake, Michigan, Geri - and right now? Loving every petal and detail on each and every card I see here ... so happy that you were 'spotted'!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Geri!!!!!! These are all so wonderful! Your designs are always so beautiful!!!! Gorgeous! Gorgeous cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay you! You rock and have often rocked MFTs products. So happy to see you spotted! Wouldn't be surprised to see you on the DT one day.

    ReplyDelete