Strony

Festive Friday and a new Precious Remembrance set...

Friday, July 5, 2013

Hello, everyone!  I'm happy to say I'm back among the crafting!  I've only begun catching up with blogging friends...went straight from my busy two weeks at church, to preparing for a 4th of July get-together with family.  You can imagine what shape my house was in after 2 weeks of stopping home only long enough to pick someone up or drop someone off...then racing off again...The trails and piles we left behind each time amazingly just grew and grew!  Thank goodness Daddy was gone that second week and didn't get lost in it all!  So...I had a bit of work to do to be ready for company yesterday.  But this morning I am breathing a HUGE sigh of relief...the rest of summer should be a breeze!!!  So I couldn't be happier as I type this this AM...I sure have missed blogging!

Dyane has a new set at Precious remembrance called 'Journey'...  


Doesn't that look fun?!?  It's being shown off over at the blog today by all the designers, including new team member, Sue Lelli.  I'm sure many of you already know her.  Here's a little peek of my first creation with the set...


It was fun painting those Maya Road chipboard letters and adding Glossing Accents to make 'em shine!  (Looks kinda like my favorite summer polish for my toes!;)  A 'Journey' set will be given to one random comment-er, so if you're interested at all...get on over to the PR blog!!!  And, by the way...Dyane's sets stamp beautifully...any inconsistencies on my card are due to the fact that I stamped off the image once before stamping it onto my card...for a softer look.

And it's time for a new challenge at Festive Friday.  I didn't even have time to post my last two cards here.  The previous challenge was to add a tree element...


And the new challenge is to create based off the trigger "SNOW"...


You can see I decided to go with a bit of a chalkboard look to highlight a snowy scene.  There's some embossing and die cutting from PTI in there,  some stamping from My Time Made Easy, and a bit of silk ribbon  And I wanted to come up with a design that could include that little veneer house. It's one of 8 or 9 different designs in a pack from Prima...with several of each design.  Mine was painted, distressed and glittered...


As part of a little Christmas in July celebration, 3 random participants in this 'SNOW' challenge will each receive a package of 10 of them to play with...


OK...I've kept you for long enough...Thanks so much for your visit!  Don't forget to visit both the Festive Friday and the Precious Remembrance blogs today for more inspiration!

~geri~


17 comments:

  1. I LOVE your FF card this week! The whole chalkboard look and the heart shaped snowflakes are awesome!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved your tree card from the last challenge. It's stunning! I didn't get a chance to participate in the last challenge but will definitely try this time. Love your new FF card too! I haven't been successful with the chalkboard look yet but you knocked it out of the park! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, my friend! Your cards are so very beautiful! I have to say that my favorite is the Let It Snow!! GORGEOUS!! I always love anything that has a little house on it! Fabulous work!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your cards - the cozy feel of the house on a winter's night and the beautiful sparkle on your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are fantastic! I love the ombre stamping of the trees and the gorgeous shimmer and the chalkboard card is so sweet and soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOTH cards are so PRETTY but the snow and chalkboard one is simply STUNNING! LOVE that little house and the snow hearts ~ SIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so smitten with the way you stitched the film strips together Geri, CUTE!!! You FF cards are wonderful LOVE LOVE the second one to bits! Glad you can relax and enjoy your summer, take care my friend it's good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Geri! You sound the picture of a busy mom in the summertime!!

    I am swooning over your cards, especially the tree one. I gasped when I saw it. I truly love a Christmas card with the simplicity of trees, but the depth and reality you have attained on this card is astounding!! Your chalkboard house in the snow in the woods, again, thud!

    I'm so sorry I've only just gotten to know you. No, while true, that's a negative way to put it; rather, I am SO HAPPY I have gotten to know you!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Geri! And that new PR set looks fabulous-- can't wait to see the rest of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take a deep breath and....she's off and crafting! LOL And boy is she back with some sensational creations. That new PR set looks amazing so I'll have to go check it out close up. The two Christmas cards are wowzers. Your stamping of those trees is exquisite and I love the heart snowflakes and little house on the second. Start enjoying the rest of your summer Geri girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geri, I forgot to tell you how much I LOVE your "smile" and how you made it shine! It is so FAB and looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything I see here is absolutely gorgeous! Love the tree card and the sweet wooden house card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geri you always amaze me! I love the new stamp set and your peek looks trendy!! Your tree card is just stunning and your snow card with the chalkboard background is WOW WOW WOW!! Great to see you back!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Geri! I missed you! :)

    The new PR set is gorgeous and I am looking forward to seeing your card in full! Love the red!

    And your Christmas cards are both stunning! I love the trees and I adore the glittery chipboard house on the chalkboard card! You ALWAYS inspire me!

    Hugs,
    Jill

    PS Tim is doing better today! I think we are over the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards! Love the chalkboard look and the little house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always impressed when I;m here:). Your cards are gorgeous. Your"snow" card with that cute little veneer house took my breath away.
    Good to be here again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Geri, your Christmas cards are way beyond gorgeous!! This is my third trip to see your three most recent holiday cards. The white flakes with the silver 'Noel' is simple but posh. You know just when to stop when it comes to embellishments.

    How did you get the wonderful varied green effect on your tree card? The glitter is masterfully applied; again, just the right touch.

    The little house - genius. I saw those in the store; thought I love houses so I should get some; and then drew a blank about what to do with them. Ta-da. The PTI border dies are the perfect surround.

    Thanks for another round of inspiration. Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete