Strony

Friend of Mine...

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I had the pleasure of getting away for a half-day just last week, to spend a little time with my long, (lost, it almost seemed for a bit) best friend.  


It had been more than a year since we had been able to get together, so it was a long overdue visit...and just so very nice (and so very short!).  So nice to be able to talk, after all that time, like it hadn't been that long at all!  So nice to have that kind of a friendship!  
While we were out and about, I got to briefly visit a Michaels and found some Basic Grey paper that I just immediately loved.  Thought I would use it to make a special card for my buddy...I've never sent her one of my handmade creations!  I thought this Craft's Meow sketch would work just fine as a starting point of a card for her that included some of my favorite things...(that sentiment up above for starters)...


...a pretty layered butterfly, the smallest being from TCM's Friend of Mine set...


...a pretty chipboard frame (Maya Road)...some Melissa Frances trim and pretty pins...



...all wrapped up in a white-washed summery look...


I hope she likes it...it's just  my style, just for her!
Now, as promised, I'll put this sketch to rest.  I may have flipped and stretched it a bit for this one anyway!  The pretty little butterfly and the lovely sentiment are both from The Craft's Meow Friend of Mine set...just a little mini set,...but it always adds the loveliest touch!
Thanks so much for stopping in!  So, so nice to be creating again!!
Have a great week!
~Geri~

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! You used the papers so perfectly... beautiful, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously fab design! I love the layered butterfly with the big pearl center! This is true Geri style and I LOVE it! This is how I fell in love with your blog.....this card my friend is it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I'm sure your friend will treasure it.
    I peeped about to play catch up and the prev. post..a fun, fun Owl. Enjoy the rest of summer. Almost time for school and our weather here is Hot and Dry..a long time since any rain fell our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card for your friend! I just love the design and all the sweet embellishments!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card, Geri! Love, love every little detail! And I know your friend will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your delish details...thanks so much for playing with us at The Craft's Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You HOPE she likes it! There's no way she wouldn't. You've used the perfect balance of pretty elements together and it will surely make her smile and feel VERY loved. Glad you got to spend a little time together. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a wonderful design on your card. Love that lacy trim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have searched and searched TCM for "Friend of Mine" and cannot find it. Please email me at rubyslippers@neofast.net with the link.

    ReplyDelete