Strony

Festive Friday...We're Ba-ack!!!...

Friday, January 17, 2014

Hello, my festive friends!!! Delighted to be here to share the first Festive Friday challenge of 2014 with you...


This year were're a little more relaxed in the challenges.  Meredith has chosen some lovely Christmas graphics, and you may pull whatever inspiration from them you'd like.  I went with the colors and lovely natural, woodsy theme.  I couldn't wait to get out some new Christmas goodies to use on this card...starting with my little Winter Sparrows from Lawn Fawn...


I admired these little guys on everyone else's creations all through the Christmas season, and finally have a set to call my own.  They're just the sweetest little things!  I also used a pretty PTI tag die, along with some snowflake dies from Simon Says, and some lovely Authentique paper that had such a natural but clean look...


And there it is...my first Festive Friday creation of the year...how exciting to be back!!! I've seen the team's creations and know they have some beautiful inspiration in store for you at the blog that you won't want to miss.  If you're new to Festive Friday, you have about 2 weeks to join in and link up.

Thanks so much for stopping in!

~geri~

22 comments:

  1. Yay! So good to see FF back! What an absolutely lovely card, Geri! I love those birdies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, and lovely photo inspiration, too! Winter isn't finished with us yet, may as well embrace the best parts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the embossing on the frame and that great button. The little birds are so sweet and the snowflakes are just right. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw the photo on Ardyth's blog! Beautiful inspiration for the start of a new challenge season. Your card truly captures the country/woodsy feel of the photo.

    The PTI die looks great - love the cut out centre! And those sweet wee birds - have just been added to my wishlist as I too have been admiring them....so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geri this is so beautiful! I love how you used the sweet birds! I have this set too after admiring all the beauty created with it this past season! So excited for the challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That window with the vellum is exceptionally amazing. Love ur card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you got those sweet little birds in the mail :-) Your card it soooooo tweet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ai yai yai! This is beyond adorable. You draw out the most wonderful things from inspiration photos. Love this Geri! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this card is absolutely adorable, Geri! I love the elegance of the vellum and snowflakes paired with these darling birds! Really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sensibilities always knock me out! Where to start?

    Those birds are so cute. Your color sense is perfect, that those cute little slightly pale birds do not disappear inside the red tag.

    Speaking of the red tag, I've only really liked "wood grain" in white...until now. I can't believe how luscious that red is with the wood grain embossing. That vellum in the negative space is a pretty nifty effect too.

    The white embossed notes are wonderful on the vellum, and the three dots (one red) below the sentiment are the perfect finishing touch. Those very delicate snowflakes are just the right amount of heft for the beautiful and very pale background.

    It's terrific seeing you posting so often again. (How can I create without your inspiration?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too tweet Geri! Love your design and Winter Sparrows is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness how sweet this is!! Those little birds are just adorable and I love the soft background with the snowflakes scattered around!! So pretty!! So thrilled to be designing with you this year too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww the little birds are adorable Geri!! This is the sweetest card, love your design and all of your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geri, your card is absolutely amazing. I love the sweet little scene you created. I'm so thrilled to be on this team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUSLY gorgeous card Geri - LOVE, LOVE the layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This challenge is right up my alleye for this year :) I want to make a christmas card every-single-week. I will join you!
    Your card is a gorgeous take on the challenge. The cute birds are adorable and I love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Awesome card! And your work is sooo beautiful, Thank you so much for leaving some love on my blog.. I'm so happy to follow you.. :)

    ReplyDelete