Strony

~LEARN~

Friday, November 15, 2013

Popping in quickly to let you know I have a card up at the Precious Remembrance blog today using the new DIY set...

I'm a little late with that post...the 'busy-ness' continues here, as hubby is out of town for most of the week and I've got my hands full in an overdue home dec. project, nursing home cards, and the kids' Christmas play at church.  And I have to share a little story that has made me chuckle a couple times this week as I've raced from project to project...although it didn't exactly make me chuckle at the time.  There was a teacher's assistant filling in for the secretary at my kid's school earlier in the week, when I was signing in to drop off my kid's lunches...she had seen me dropping the kids off earlier that morning as she was walking into the building. As I was signing in, she asked..."so did you go home and go back to bed this morning?"  (What did she just say???)  I hope the look on my face wasn't too nasty-looking as I processed her question and finally said...'um...no'.  And I wanted to say...'and I was so disappointed that I couldn't seem to find time for my soaps and bon-bons today, either!'...but, I didn't;)  So I do want to thank the ever-SWEET Dyane of Precious Remembrance for understanding! She is one of THE sweetest gals out there!  (She's a busy mom, herself!  And she's a great 'cheerleader', to boot!!!)  If all 'bosses' were that nice...I think there would be an awful lot of happy and motivated employees in the world;)  Thanks, Dyane!!!

Thanks, everyone, for dropping in!!!  Have a great weekend!!!

~geri~

9 comments:

  1. Utterly delightful, Geri. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper card Geri, love the colors and your trendy design!! I am with you Dyane is THE BEST!!! And I'm also with you on whether I'm coming or going some days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think she even knew what she had said? We all have those days. Now with Emma in school, I am somehow 100 times busier than I was before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Tis the season!! I really like the colors you chose for your card. Your embossing is always soooo clean, I'm still working on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Open mouth insert foot huh. I know this is always a very busy time of year for you, but I'm sure glad you find a little time to share your treasures with us cause they are highlights to my days. I am always in awe of your stamping expertise. Amazing as always my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, what on earth was she thinking?? You did good to bite your tongue over that rude comment, as she obviously didn't think before she spoke! Humph!
    Loving the peek at your latest stampy project! Fabulous embossing, and totally adore what I'm seeing of that background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!! I'm not sure what I would have said if she had asked me that??? Cute story though :) Your card is stunning! Had to check out the full version at the Precious Remembrance bog!! Fabulous work! Hope you can slow down and enjoy the holiday season a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, maybe she was just joking with you? Maybe? There was no twinkle in her eye when she said it? It's just that it sounds like the kind of joshing I would do, BUT with a twinkle in my eye. W/o the twinkle, it's just, um, what's the PC word for stupid? Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes people don'tthink befire they speak :-) I love your sneak and I hope you find time for "you" in the busy(ness) of life!! I took a ton of my cards to a nursing home for the nurses to pass out on birthdays etc...I'm glad to see them going to a great place!! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete