Strony

Festive Friday Challenge #5...Aqua, blush and gold...

Friday, March 29, 2013

Hello, everyone!  Welcome!  I'll be quick for you...a bit under the weather here (in more ways than ONE!!!)...
There's a brand new challenge up at the Festive Friday blog...
                                        Aqua, Blush, Gold
...and my take on it for this first round was pretty traditional.  I pulled out a card kit I found on clearance at the holidays that had some really cool and over-sized vintage looking die cuts in it.  I used some for packaging at the time, and am using one of the pieces for this card...


...reverted back to my middle school years and did some 'be-dazzling' with some pearls and jewels...don't shoot me...I couldn't resist...that glittered up ornament was askin' for it!!!  I cut down some of the patterned cardstock that came in the kit as a backdrop for my treasure...


...and embellished the card a little further with a couple glittered snowflakes from the kit and a doily, along with a PTI sentiment.  Pretty simple card, really...but pretty over-the-top, I know.  I'll try to be a little more hip and fresh for your second dose of this challenge's inspiration...promise!!!  I've got some new Spring papers I can't wait to create with...just waitin' for some energy.  Hopefully that will come before some APPROPRIATE Spring weather does, or I could be waiting a loooooonnnnggggg time!!!
Thanks for visiting gals!  Be sure to check out the inspiration from the rest of the team at the Festive Friday blog.  Our guest designer for this challenge is Maureen Plut of Buttons and Bling!
~Geri~

18 comments:

  1. This is stunning! So elegant nd gorgeous! I am loving the gold and all the bling fits perfectly. Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Geri! Not over the top at all, in my opinion. The gold and bling are the perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you might think it's a bit over the top but I think it's mighty pretty! I love the way you've softened it up with the doily and delicate bow. SO SORRY to hear you're under the weather, that's no fun. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend. I hope you enjoy a blessed Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geri so very sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! Hope you can curl up with some tea and rest! Take care!

    I love this card! The gold is stunning and not over the top at all! The doily and bling and pearls add the perfect decoration to the ornament and the snowflakes are so pretty! I think it is beautiful!

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, this is sooo elegant and gorgeous, Geri! And I love your be-dazzling!
    Sure hope you get to feeling better! I can relate.....I've got the sickies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOpe you feel better soon Geri! There is def. something going around all over Us. I love the ornament card....love the beading and pop. Reminds me a bit of the ornaments we use to have on our tree that were all made from beading...do u remember? cherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, where to start?! I'm a Papertrey girl and I came here via Papertrey's pins. That was quite a while ago, because leaving the lovely world of your blog just doesn't seem like a very reasonable thing to do. How in my scattered wanderings around the Papertrey world, did I not find YOU? I've seen some of your work before, but never put two and two together to realize you are one of the most talented people on the net. There are a lot of lovely sites, but yours is breathtaking.

    Your color sensibilities leave me weak in the knees. Your execution is exquisite, and your tutorials are fantastic. (OK. I'm running out of superlatives. Time to hit the old dictionary of synonyms.) I even love your mid-western accent on the videos, which left me feeling nostalgic for trips to to my grandparents' home in Peru, Indiana.

    My husband is starting to wonder what happened to me. (I will need to blame you, but I hope it doesn't spoil our friendship. :) I will be returning to survey the goodness not yet seen, and look forward to the emails I've signed up for. I'm just so very happy that you are nicely ensconced in my creative universe now. Warm wishes for a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl I hope you're not apologizing for ANYTHING about this card cause it is ridiculous gorgeous. Why can't I find things like this on clearance. sigh..... This is a stunner my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geri, it's GORGEOUS, what are you talking about?! It's perfectly vintage and glamourous. I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is stunning, Geri! I love it!
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beauty-full, Geri. Such an amazing ornament and then you gussy it all up to make it even better. Merry Christmas. Oh, I mean happy Easter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous Geri!! I love the gold and the pretty gems, beeeeeeeautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your card is both stunning and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geri this is just stunning! Very elegant and just gorgeous! I'm sorry you're under the weather. Hope things make a turn for the better soon :) I've been struggling with internet issues for two weeks now, so seriously behind on anything internet related :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG this is the ultimate christmas card; dripping with elegance. I am in awe. I love this color scheme of neutrals paired up with a few lovely touches of the colors. Wow!
    Thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness. Did you hear the thud when my jaw hit the keyboard?? Oh, Geri! Wow! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness this is GORGEOUS!!!! Such a stunning bauble with all it's sparkle!

    ReplyDelete