Strony

Checking in with the last art journal...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good morning, friends! I had hoped to work up a final party post last night after I got the kids in bed. For one of them, though, bed time never came. Jillian fell asleep while I was at church (too early...somethin's up...) and when it came time for her real bed time after I got home, she was awake with a tummy ache. We were up all night with the tummy flu. (Round 2 for her this season--not fair!) And she's still got it, although, thankfully, it has slowed down. Wanted to share the last journal, quickly...
Just started stitching and hoped for the best...some sort of pattern would have balanced things out better, I'm sure...I tried several different flower embellishments and liked this one the best...
I hope what goes in it brings its owner lots of joy!
Not perfect, but from the heart!
I'll be back with winners sometime soon! Thanks for your patience!

Geri

8 comments:

  1. I hope your dear Jillian is feeling all better very soon!
    Your journal is so lovely, Geri! The stitching and embellishments are just perfect! The lace you used is absolutely GORGEOUS!! The little heart button with the stitched leaves is just the sweetest little addition! I just don't see how this journal could be any lovelier, my friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Jillian has the flu bug (again) NO FUN!!! I love the joy journal, we could all use a little joy this week. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas and projects with us. I've enjoyed checking your blog everyday to see what you've been up to. Thanks for all of the joy to bring to so many others. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy that rolled rose brings back memories. Your gorgeous seam binding flowers are what brought me to your blog and started out friendship. Love those little pretties. :-) This book is just beautiful Geri. Love the sweet hand stitching. Makes it extra special. :-)
    Sure hope your little one gets to feeling better soon. Tummy troubles are no fun.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's beautiful!!! I wouldn't know where to start with laying something out in fabric, but I think you did a wonderful job with both of your journals.

    Your poor girl... I had the flu (which you knew) for the first time in FOREVER, and I couldn't believe how awful I felt - I was glad my little bugs didn't catch it. I'd always rather it be me who is sick, and not them. I hope she is better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sorry to hear you have a little one sick. Hope she gets to feeling better real soon!
    This journal is so lovely! I absolutely LOVE all the hand stitching. It's so rare to see hand stitching these days, and it makes your journal all the more special. The lace is beautiful, as is your flower.
    Someone will be blessed to have such a special journal to record their thoughts and dreams in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so "Old Fashioned Pretty" I love the rose theme but your precious stitching puts the love within. Hope that Flu Bug is gone and you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You create the cutest and prettiest things! I am in love with your seam binding flowers which is how I started to follow you in the first place! Sorry your little one has been so ill. Looking forward to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! this is gorgeous and amazing!! I sew, so I know that it took some time to make: lovely job!

    ReplyDelete