Strony

With all my heart...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Hello, everyone! Hope this post finds you snuggly and warm! Winter has finally come to Indiana, but it sounds like folks down south have been dealing with our spring-like tornadoes...hope everyone is safe and sound.








2 cards today...the first was this month's project at the nursing home. We really enjoyed friends there at the holidays. Our children's department at church made 100 cards to deliver there before Christmas. We caroled and passed out candy canes. It was wonderful. My two youngest kids' classes and I got involved in door decorating there also. Jonah's class made snowflakes out of silver cupcake liners and I did the rest...






Jillian's class cut out handprints for a wreath...






All the doors were done by various volunteers and the whole place looked quite cheery!! Fun... and a great thing for the kids to get involved in!

Then Jonah and I got busy making cookies for a Random Act Kindness activity...






These are just some of them. We packed up 13 little boxes and bags of cookies for the residents at the nursing home that are my regulars for card making. Jonah and my older son, Caleb went with me to deliver the treats, along with our family photo Christmas card. It was a great night! The more we get to know eachother, the more I look forward to visiting to create a card with the residents each month. They are always anxious to see the sample, to know what it's going to look like...this was this month's...




They were thrilled. Simple card, but it turned out pretty. The next card made my heart happy as I finally got to get into some new things (for me) and create something sweet for Valentine's Day...




I've been wanting some of these hearts from Melissa Frances. I framed it in with some of my favorite papers...downloads from Bety...




The new Papertrey die cut from felt added some soft detail.


Soft and sweet...just the way I like it! Hope you like it too!


Thanks so much for popping in!!


Geri


5 comments:

  1. I love the way your kids got involved with you at the nursing home. How AWESOME! And the doors look super cute, I bet all the residents were just thrilled.

    Both cards are pretty, but your second one is just *SO* pretty... I love the way the filagree cut the felt, and added the perfect accent, and those papers are just GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an angel! I love what you and your family have been doing at the nursing home. What a blessing you are being. :-)
    Your cards are gorgeous as always. I can see why you wanted to play with those MF hearts. You're going to keep on til you make me buy out PTI. LOL
    Hugs to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter has hit here in Nebraska too- bitterly cold - so I'm sitting her with my warm Dennis Basso blankie and enjoying your pretty cards and family pics. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to have gotten your kids involved. It's a great building block in their lives and it will make you very proud down the road. Something so refreshing about "doing for others". You made a lot of people's Christmas days bright and merry. the doors are adorable. And that is what Christmas should be about.
    Your card for for the month is so pretty. Your making some fun times for some who no doubt have not had the opportunity to be so crafty for awhile.
    Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous cards!!! I just love the embossing on the first one and the Filigree Die Cut is absolutely fabulous with the sweet heart embellie!!

    ReplyDelete