Strony

Lots to share...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Somebody really needs to bring these babies inside...


...they're awfully tired of this chilly, endless rain, you know. And so am I! I guess that's why I was drawn to this sweet image from Made by Janet. I have a whole page of sweet little birdies and this one with the tiny umbrella is one of my favorites.




I framed it in with a couple clipboard pieces, some K&Co papers and a Making Memories journaling note for this card. I used another image from Janet for a birthday card...



...used another journaling note and paper from Papertrey, along with one of their Tiny Tags and a Martha Stewart tag for this one...



Finally a little project for our local "Crop for the Cure"--a fun day of scrapping and visiting--and I'm sure there was a little food involved...all for a good cause. These pin cushions were used for door prizes, and thanks to my procrastination...were made quickly with things I had on hand from my Blog-aversary cushions. I actually had this project, and the pink 'breast cancer awareness' ribbons in mind when I chose this fabric.

I really like how the embellishments nestled right into the pink ribbons. Hope they found some happy new owners.


Finally--a picture of my little Jillian. She had a field trip today that I got to join in on. It was a great hands-on experience for her and her Kindergarten friends--many of whom will never travel to the beach to experience these critters in their natural environment.

We had a great time! It's been, and will continue to be, a busy time for me with all the end-of-the-school-year activities with my kids. We'll take them out of school a few days early (due to snow make-up days) at the end of the month to go on our trip to Disney. Then we'll come back to our usual summer busy-ness...swimmin' and playin' in the backyard, and meeting Daddy now and then while he's teaching week-long classes here and there around the state. In other words...my time for creating will be limited, as it has been the last couple weeks. Along with that--my time to visit you all will be limited also. I am behind in that area, I know, and I apologize...I sure do miss keeping up with everyone, and always appreciate that you check in on me.


I do have a date with a blog hop this weekend that I am excited about. There is a great photo for inspiration--hope you'll join in for fun, prizes and a chance to provide some of the inspiration for the next hop as a designer!


Until then (Saturday)...I'll pray for sunshine for you all!! And if you have any extra...please send it my way!!


Thanks so much for stopping!


Geri



14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Geri, every single one of these is absolutely gorgeous!! I love how soft and feminine they are and vintage without being dark or muted! Just lovely!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you weren't swept away in a storm last week. Wow what weather. We finally have some Sunshine, 2 days but still cold low 30's at night and only low 50's in the daytime hrs and always cool wind.
    What a beautiful post. Your little girl looks so happy with her treasure. And those darling pin cushions. I treasure mine. I doubt it will ever have a pin in it!!!!
    Wow the 2 cards are so beautiful. Just danity and soft. Like visiting a fairyland. You give beautiful inspiration.
    Enjoy all your family time. I miss having family close by so much. Grandkids are growing so fast.
    And "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" just in case the week flies past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft, feminine, elegant, gorgeous, lovely, I could go on and on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHh so glad to see you posted....love your cards..the birdy made me smile. My son and I will go to disneyland in august..we went last year just him and I while my dh hunts..and had so much fun! Bet u are going to disneyworld since it is closer to you...miss it too. We were there two years ago...love typhoon lagoon. I hpe you wont stay gone long!Henny has two different pink paislee aritisan elements. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are just beautiful and those pin cushions are just divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always very happy to see a new post by you, Geri! This one was full of all kinds of gorgeous goodness! Thank you so much for all the loveliness!...Nancy :o)
    Oh, btw...your summer plans sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous - thanks for the link to Janet's. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE sweetest cards, THE most darling pin cushions, and THE cudest girl you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so delightful, Geri! So many pretty details. You have such a flair for this sort of vintage work and I so enjoy looking at your creations!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all have GERI stamped all over them! Beautiful cards with all that gorgeous seam binding and the pretty tags and die cut shapes. Gorgeous! I can't even find words for those cousins of Blue Belle. :-)
    Sounds like you are going to be going ninety to nothing for quite a while. Hope you enjoy every second of it. I would gladly trade you some sunshine for rain. Our poor garden is bone dry. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geri: Loved these postings!!! The cards are very vintage and every detail is in place (as usual). I'm sure the pin cushions were a hit for the "crop for a cure." Mine is hanging in a special place. Always love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geri, I have to say that your blog is one of the most gorgeous ones I've seen. Soo many beautiful things. This post in particular, just stunning! Such gorgeous colors and vintage goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sweet blog and great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow everything is gorgeous! I love the card with the cake- yum! and the pincushions are unbelievably pretty!

    ReplyDelete