Strony

Shabby Tea Room Challenge: Embrace the White!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My card today is for the challenge over at http://www.theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/. The challenge is to create a project using mostly white or creme and one other subtle color. I've always admired these cards when I come across them, but have never created one. I'm needing an anniversary card for my husband's parents this week and thought the "mostly white" theme would be perfect.
Today's card is similar to the one I created for my very 1st blog post back in February using a technique I learned from Becca Feeken over at http://www.amazingpapergrace.com. She is TOPS at creating with Spellbinders dies. The medallion focal point on my card is made from 10 small die cuts from the Floral Accent die. You cut them and stack them as I have below...

After they're assembled and embellished, they result in the prettiest little medallion! I've also used a piece of lace I've had for awhile. I got it thinking it would be perfect for a card front. It seems to fit nicely with the style and theme of the card. The other color I chose to use with the creme was Papertrey Ink's Spring Moss...one of my favorite colors...it looks so pretty and fresh with almost any other color! Anyway here's the finished card.
Happy Anniversary, Bill and Susie! May you have many more!
...................................
Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage creme, Spring Moss (PTI)
Ink: Wheat (Tsukineko - Versa Magic) Spring Moss (PTI)
Stamps: Sassy Icons (M&MBI), Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Punches/Dies: Tag Trio, Floral Accent (Spellbinders) Small flower (EK Success)
Other: Offray ribbon, pearls and gems (Studio His & Hers), prisma glitter, glue dots (Zots)

7 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS ... and so clever using the punches to make such a beautiful flower! You nailed it again, Geri!! Thanks for stopping by the Tea Room again this week and I look forward to seeing a new design from you for Monday's new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant, both! Love that medallion you created. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant and lovely anniversary card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fabulous! LOVE all the gorgeous texture and details you've put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!! Love the medallion!

    ReplyDelete