Strony

Firsts, Friends, and Sweet, Sweet Grandmothers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh, my goodness, I have so much to say! But first let me introduce you to my little friend, my little Spellbinder friend, that is. I love, love, love creating with Spellbinders and my Cuttlebug! And for my very FIRST post on my very FIRST blog, (a long time WISH come true) I've used 10 little paper die cuts from the Floral Accent die above to create a beautiful medalion focal point for my card. I learned this trick from an amazing lady, (and in my opinion, the Spellbinder Queen) Becca Feeken over at http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/ . So...10 die cuts, about 20 pearls, a dab of distress ink, and several little glue dots later, I ended up with this little treasure...


I used another Spellbinder die (Ribbon Tags Trio) and some K and Co. paper for the "Remember" sentiment on my card, which came out like this...


I chose some vintage looking paper (Paper Pizazz), and Papertrey Ink cardstock and ribbon (Sweet Blush) and finished off the solid cardstock with a MS border punch. The finished card looks like this...


I made this card for a sweet new friend (I feel blessed to have met) whose grandmother just passed away. I think it's safe to say she appreciates all things vintage, so I thought she would appreciate the style of the card.

I'm sad to say my dear, sweet grandmothers are gone, but I was thinking as I was making this card...wouldn't they have appreciated receiving a handmade Valentine from their grandaughter? If you're fortunate enough to have a grandmother still living, I hope you'll take some time this week to surprise her with a little something special that will let her know what a treasure she is.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to press the "Publish Post" button (for the first time) and go do my "I'm officially a paper crafting blogger" dance (which will NOT be seen on YouTube). Thanks for stopping by and witnessing this very special FIRST of mine. Please be gentle with comments...I'm very aware that I've got a LOT to learn about blogging!

(Thanks, Babe! Thanks, Peeb!)
Geri

3 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!!! Way to go Ger! The card looks beautiful! (and so does the blog)
    You can sign me up for your class whenever you decide to teach one;)

    Peeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Aunt Geri! Lovely, lovely, lovely. We hope you'll remember us wannabe paper crafters when you're famous; it won't be long! Congrats!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Geri,
    Very Pretty! You really need to start giving classes, I would never be able to figure that out on my own!
    Way to Go,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete